[ID:7749] Before you set off for your life-changing adventure abroad, you’ll need to do some research and figure out which program and country is right for you. Below, we’ll give you some tips to help you choose the right program.
The Basic Questions
We’ve provided you with a short list of ten preliminary questions that you should ask yourself before choosing a study abroad program. Noting down your honest responses will likely help you eliminate a number of study abroad options and target your ideal ones. You might even want to take these answers with you when you meet your study abroad advisor.
- What do you hope to gain from studying abroad?
- What world regions are you interested in?
- Are your career goals or your major related to any particular world region?
- Do you want to live in a dorm, with a host family or in an off-campus apartment?
- Do you want to improve your language skills while abroad? Do you want to become fluent?
- Do you want to go abroad for a year, a semester or a short-term visit?
- Do you want to be in...