career and go-abroad advice.
Going abroad is essential to prepare yourself for a career in the new global economy. These guides offer fundamental advice on building international skills, getting experience and preparing for international work both at home or abroad.
- Our popular Quick Guides are packed with critical information about building international competencies and succeeding abroad.
- These guides cover the most popular go abroad topics to help you develop your global career skills and prepare for international work (whether at home or abroad) in a global economy.
- Discuss and share these guides with school advisors, fellow students and your parents.
- Spanish and French Guides: If you speak or study Spanish or French, be sure to check out the translated versions of the guides. They will help you articulate your international skills with professional terminology when you're applying to French or Spanish employers. And if you’re you a first generation immigrant with Spanish-speaking parents, why not share the Spanish Quick Guides with your parents to highlight the career value of going abroad?
- Share these Quick Guides with students on your school websites, post a link on social media, fire off an email blast or simply print Quick Guides for workshops and office spaces. The more you link, the more students will click.
- Sample link wording: For pre-written text to use on links to this page, see sample wording here (go to Helpful Notes in the right-hand column). Alternatively, link to individual Quick Guides. You'll find sample wording for those right here.
- Reproduction rights and other details. Schools have our permission to share these training materials with students. For more details, see the bottom half of this page.
How schools can use our Quick Guides
- These Quick Guides provide the fundamental basics for helping students make the connection between the go abroad experience and their future work in a global economy. Encourage students to learn these principals and use them in parallel with your current go abroad advising materials.
- Use our Quick Guides during one-on-one advising or to promote discussion during workshops, including pre-departure and re-entry advising.
- MyWorldAbroad training materials are designed to work together. Combining Stories from Abroad, Quick Guides and international quizzes when designing student training programs.