Quiz | Master Score Card
International Quizzes: Master Scorecard
to succeed abroad?
Are you ready for the journey abroad? Planning your time abroad is tremendously exciting -- but it's also a good idea to be mentally prepared for your adventure and to learn from those who have traveled before you. Assess yourself honestly and find out which knowledge and skill areas you want to build up in order to make the most of your worldly travels and future career prospects in a global economy.
** Your scores will be saved permanently if you're logged in to your MyWorldAbroad account.
Use these international quizzes as a fun way of assessing your go abroad know-how and cross-cultural skill level. These quizzes are not scientific, but are designed to help you understand what it really takes to be successful abroad. If you’re just starting to build your international credentials, expect your scores to be low. This is completely normal! Rest assured that all types of personalities can succeed abroad, and with a little determination and lots of curiosity, you will be on your way. Keep measuring your progress as you build more experience. Use our printable scorecards (Word file, PDF file or Student Excel file) to manually track your scores and progress BEFORE and AFTER you go abroad. Share your results with friends and advisors, and discuss your goals and accomplishments.
Good luck and best wishes on the road to international success!
- Share these International Quizzes with students: Client schools can create links to individual quizzes on your school’s website, or share links on your social media feed. Feel free to use some of the promotional wording offered below. We've created simple descriptions to make sharing even easier.
- Sample link wording: Schools can link to individual quizzes and find sample link wording here (see bottom half of page). To link to all our quizzes (this page) use this wording: MyWorldAbroad has excellent International Quizzes to help you find out which knowledge and skill areas you want to build up in order to make the most of your worldly travels and future career prospects in a global economy.
How schools can use our International Quizzes
- These quizzes help students to engage in self-assessment and to identify knowledge gaps about the go abroad process. The quizzes are not scientific assessment tools, but rather resources that provide context, support and suggested goals for young people in the process of building international skills. All types of students succeed abroad, and these quizzes should help students identify potential areas for growth.
- Use our quizzes during one-on-one advising. Ask the student to complete the quizzes before your meeting and use the results to identify the student’s level of international readiness. LOW scores indicate more study and international experience is required. MID and HIGH scores indicate higher levels of discussion towards future international career paths.
- Use quizzes in groups or workshops. Have students complete and submit quiz results before group meetings. Use the results to identify experience levels or to help form sub-groups. Students can be grouped by similar skill level (or by mixed skill levels) in order to promote discussion. The Excel file is particularly useful for tracking groups of students in a workshop, or students taking part in a group visit abroad.
- Use our printable score cards (Word file, PDF file or Student Excel file) to track progress both BEFORE and AFTER students go abroad, or BEFORE and AFTER a semester-long course.
- Track student progress before and after go abroad programs: MyWorldAbroad’s international quizzes are a useful way to track student readiness and progress before and after going abroad. The information gathered by asking students to complete these quizzes both before and after their international experiences can be used by staff and administrators in order to create progress reports for senior managers, and to track student success rates. See Quiz Management Instructions for Advisors, which outlines how to manage student scorecards and collect data.
- MyWorldAbroad training materials are designed to work together. Combining Stories From Abroad, Quick Guides and International Quizzes when designing student training programs.