Covid-19 has created enormous challenges for globally-minded students and staff. The good news is that it is possible to find valuable online international experiences! While student travel options are now severely limited, the demand for virtual international opportunities is skyrocketing. MyWorldAbroad is now launching a comprehensive range of new content and tools to support students and staff pursuing virtual programs.
- NEW Virtual International Internships Section with TEN articles: The virtual international internship industry has exploded in popularity over recent months. This newly written section features ten articles covering how to find an ideal virtual internship and how to thrive as a member of an online cross-cultural team. This section also features Resource Lists containing placement agencies offering virtual internships and other online programs. (Check out Virtual International Internships by first logging in at www.myworldabroad.com/test).
- NEW: Seven Quick Guides: We've adopted a more student-friendly, visually fun layout to support the Virtual International Internships section. (View sample.)
- COMING in MID-AUGUST: Cross-cultural Learning from Your Laptop: This summer, we'll launch an extensive new campaign combining content, tools and activities to enable students to build international career skills while at home and on campus.
- NEW: Re-coding for our Resources: We have re-coded over 2,000 of our resources to identify which organizations are providing virtual programs or have suspended operations. We will be updating this coding every three months to ensure accuracy over the next year. (View coding for a sample resource.)
- CODING DESIGN: As part of our ongoing work of improving user experience, we've improved the layout of search filters on several major resource lists to enhance usability. (View.)
- COMING this JULY: Virtual Internship Management Tools: For staff in career centers and study abroad offices, we are now developing a range of additional tools to help with the management of virtual international internships.
Global career skills are more important than ever, and we hope you'll take advantage of this new content and join us as we strive to find exciting, workable solutions in these challenging times! We wish good luck to both students and staff!