Although many young people assume that they can just hop on a plane and start their trip, being prepared to travel is absolutely crucial. Preparation will save you time and money abroad. Travel Smarts is a must-read section of the main MyWorldAbroad site. It tells you how to get ready, how to stay safe and how to make the most of your time abroad.
- Prepare, prepare, prepare: The more time you can give yourself to plan before going abroad, the better.
- Read up: Know the history and latest news of the country you are traveling to. It will tip you off about potential danger zones and health risks, as well as enriching your understanding.
- Be smart about socializing: Being abroad is a great time to make friends, but you need to be cautious. In some nations, tourists are a target for petty thievery, fraud or worse.
- Do more to gain more! Although travel is for relaxation and easy cross-cultural engagement, it’s also the perfect time to do some major skill-building and increase your resume’s international.
- Keep in touch: Spread the wealth of your cross-cultural experience by keeping in contact with your friends and family (or even classmates) back home. Not only will it force you to think about your cross-cultural experiences in detail, you could be responsible for inspiring someone to take the plunge and go abroad.
Related Articles on the MyWorldAbroad site (for registered users):